||This course prepares students to provide safe, therapeutic nursing care to diverse patient populations across the age span. Content includes asepsis and infection control, holistic assessment, basic pharmacologic principles and concepts, safe medication administration, pain management, complementary/alternative therapies and perioperative nursing care. This course also integrates the content and skills necessary to promote and maintain health and wellness of the neurological, integumentary, sensory and musculoskeletal systems.
||Must be eligible to take English 1101 and Math 1114 AND acceptance into the Associate Degree Nursing Program AND experience as a nursing assistant as guided by the generic ADN application packet AND current American Heart Association Basic Life Support AN
- Demonstrate asepsis and infection control principles.
- Demonstrate holistic assessment incorporating concepts across the age span.
- Demonstrate safe and accurate medication administration utilizing principles of pharmacology.
- Discuss concepts of pain management across the age span.
- Explore the therapeutic benefit of various complementary and alternative medical modalities.
- Demonstrate perioperative care across the age span.
- Examine nursing care to maintain and promote musculoskeletal wellness across the age span.
- Examine nursing care to maintain and promote integumentary wellness across the age span.
- Examine nursing care to maintain and promote neurosensory wellness across the age span.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines