M State's diverse accounting program options prepare you for a broad range of career opportunities.
M State's Payroll Specialist program will provide you with the training to perform routine calculating, journalizing, posting and verifying duties to maintain accounting records and to prepare payroll reports and returns and employee records. The program includes instruction in both manual and computerized accounting concepts.
The 32-credit program is offered on our Moorhead campus and online.
Here is what you'll learn
- Prepare and report payroll
- Apply accounting theory to service and merchandising organizations
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Analyze and solve human resource-related problems and situations
- Use technology effectively
- Use variety of software programs including integrated accounting software
- Apply federal, state and local employment regulations and reporting and record-keeping requirements to payroll and HR functions
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate ethical policies and procedures related to the payroll specialist responsibilities