This course covers the various tax laws pertaining to the computation and payment of salaries and wages, and use of the touch system on the 10-key number pad. Topics include preparation of employment records, payroll registers, time cards, employee earnings records and government payroll reports.
- Describe FLSA provisions.
- Identify wage payment methods.
- Calculate gross earnings.
- Calculate Social Security coverages.
- Calculate percentage and wage-bracket withholding methods.
- Calculate payroll tax deposit requirements.
- Prepare employer quarterly and annual tax returns.
- Prepare payroll registers.
- Prepare employee earnings records.
- Record payroll journal entries.
- Demonstrate speed and accuracy on 10-key number pad.