Diversity at M State
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion coordinates programs and assists with conversations on equity and cultural understanding among M State community members. We empower students, faculty, staff and administrators to explore a deeper understanding of and respect for diversity in its many forms. That extends to everyone regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, physical ability and national or regional origin.
How can we help you?
- We assist in cultivating campus understanding of diversity and inclusion.
- We collaborate with students, faculty, staff and administrators to develop programs that educate and foster an inclusive and welcoming environment across our campuses.
Ways to learn about diversity
- Be open about differences - Share how your background has influenced you and encourage others to do the same
- Ask questions - Ask respectfully if you have a question.
- Encourage questions - Be open to questions about the things that make you different, and ask questions in return.
- Develop friendships - Sharing experiences and asking questions is a great way to develop new friendships.
- See the individual - Understand that each person is an individual and cannot be expected to speak for his or her culture. Do not assume everyone within a culture shares the same beliefs and experiences.