Art Transfer Pathway
If you complete M State's Art Transfer Pathway and are admitted to one of the seven Minnesota State universities for your bachelor's degree, you'll be guaranteed junior status.
Minnesota State Transfer Pathways are designed so you can complete a specific associate degree at a Minnesota State college and transfer to a Minnesota State university to earn a bachelor's degree without losing credits or taking extra courses.
The Art Transfer Pathway AFA offers students the opportunity to complete an Associate of Fine Arts degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated fine arts degree programs at Minnesota State universities. The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of these seven Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status:
- Bemidji State University
- Metropolitan State University
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead
- Southwest Minnesota State University
- St. Cloud State University
- Winona State University
The Art Transfer Pathway is available on our Fergus Falls campus, where our commitment to and passion for the arts are on display across the campus. Our visual arts facilities include ceramics, painting, drawing and printmaking studios, a traditional darkroom, the Waage Fine Arts Gallery and the Charles Beck Gallery.
Students have multiple opportunities to exhibit their work while learning to market and promote their artistic skills and artwork, and they can create lasting professional network connections with national and international artists by taking part in our Annual Visiting Artists Program.
The creativity and problem-solving skills you'll develop in the Art Transfer Pathway are an excellent foundation for any career you choose to pursue. You also can use the knowledge and skills learned in the AFA degree program to launch an academic or professional career in an array of other fields.
Here is what you'll learn
- A broad knowledge of the scope and variety of artworks and art movements, along with their sociopolitical contexts
- Technical skills in two- and three-dimensional mediums
- How to apply the skills necessary to successfully engage in the creation of and appreciation for the visual arts
- How to work independently and collaboratively in a high-pressure creative environment
- How to document and explain the rationale and research behind your work
- Effective communication
- How to create a body of work that demonstrates artistic scope and variety
Scholarships available for fine arts students
Are you interested in earning a degree in the fine arts on our Fergus Falls campus? We have scholarships available for students enrolling in the Associate of Fine Arts in Music program, or in the Art Transfer Pathway.
With a single application, you’ll automatically be considered for nearly 100 scholarships offered by the Fergus Area College Foundation. You can apply for an FACF scholarship by visiting facfmstate.org/scholarships.