Transfer Pathway degrees
M State Transfer Pathway degree options
If you plan to complete a four-year degree after attending M State, you can save thousands of dollars on the cost of your bachelor’s degree with an M State Transfer Pathway degree.
When you earn a pathway degree and are admitted to any of the seven Minnesota State universities, you will be guaranteed junior status and be assured that your 60 credits will directly transfer into your designated bachelor’s degree program.
You save both time and money – without losing credits or taking extra courses – and have the flexibility to attend classes on campus or online.
All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degrees will directly transfer and apply to designated bachelor's degree programs in related fields at:
- Arizona State University
- Bemidji State University
- Metropolitan State University
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Minnesota State University Moorhead
- Southwest Minnesota State University
- St. Cloud State University
- Winona State University
M State currently offers:
- Accounting Transfer Pathway offered at Fergus Falls, Moorhead and Online
- Art Transfer Pathway offered at Fergus Falls
- Biology Transfer Pathway offered at Fergus Falls and Moorhead
- Business Transfer Pathway offered at Fergus Falls, Moorhead and Online
- Early Childhood and Education Transfer Pathway offered at Detroit Lakes
- History Transfer Pathway offered beginning Fall 2020 at Fergus Falls, Moorhead, Wadena and Online
- Political Science Transfer Pathway offered at Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Moorhead, Wadena and Online
- Psychology Transfer Pathway offered at Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Moorhead, Wadena and Online
Why earn a Transfer Pathway degree?
The advantages of earning a Transfer Pathway degree at M State include:
- You'll enjoy a four-year college experience on a two-year college campus
- Small class sizes mean a personalized education
- Our low cost per credit makes M State an exceptional educational value
- You'll have an opportunity to explore your career interests
- Courses are taught by faculty with master's or doctorate degrees in their field of study
- Spartan Centers offer academic assistance on all M State campuses
- Online courses and tutoring are available
- Student life activities provide opportunities for campus involvement
- Scholarships are available
- Faculty and staff help students build a solid foundation for success at a four-year university
Other M State transfer degree options
If you are interested in a bachelor's degree not addressed by a Transfer Pathway, M State offers other AA, AS and AFA transfer degree options.
Transfer Pathway degrees may transfer to colleges and universities outside of the Minnesota State system, such as private and out-of-state schools. It is highly recommended that students interested in this possibility contact their intended transfer school, advisor/counselor, and program instructors for academic planning assistance.