About Workforce Development Solutions
Welcome to M State Workforce Development Solutions!
For over 20 years, Minnesota State Community and Technical College has been supporting businesses and industries throughout the region with skills and technology training that is custom designed for each client's needs.
M State's Workforce Development Solutions delivers more than 100,000 hours of training to over 6,000 students each year. We make training convenient by offering it on-site, online or on our campuses in Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Moorhead and Wadena.
More than 500 companies have hired Workforce Development Solutions for hour-based training that focuses on specific training or production needs and for credit courses that help prepare workers for new responsibilities and advancement.
We will work with your company to develop the training that meets your needs.
* On site - training is delivered at the company's facility on the days and times requested by the customer.
* On campus - training is delivered at one of our campuses (Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Moorhead or Wadena). This training option is effective when a client is planning company-wide training and needs a larger space, or when training requires specific equipment such as a computer lab. Training can be customized to meet the customer's needs with the amenities and convenience of utilizing our local campuses.
* Mobile units - training is delivered through one of our mobile units (Precision Manufacturing, Safety, CDL). This training option is effective when a client is planning company-wide training and doesn't have the equipment needed or they are not located within a close proximity of one of the campuses.
* Online - with the ever-evolving world of technology and wide use of the Internet, online training allows individuals to work at their own pace to complete programs and receive a certificate of completion or, in some instances, continuing education credits (CEs). Online training is a viable option for individuals who need the flexibility or a more convenient method of training that works for their schedule.
Register for classes
To register or view our current classes, please click here. You will be redirected from our M State Workforce Development Solutions website.
All course fees are due at the time of registration.
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please reserve your place early as classes fill quickly.
Class cancellation and storm closings:
M State and Workforce Development Solutions reserve the right to cancel classes due to low enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. If the class is cancelled, you will be contacted by phone or e-mail. When M State is closed due to bad weather, customized training classes are also cancelled.
Meet the WDS team
For contract training classes:
- Business Development/Leadership
- Trade and Industry
- Travel Leaders Academy
800.492.4836 ext. 3763
For open enrollment classes:
- Steam Plant/Boiler Engineering
- Vehicle Inspection Re-certification
800.492.4836 ext. 3733
For health care and emergency services classes:
- Health care
- Emergency Services
- Fire Training
800.426.5603 ext. 6576
For nursing assistant courses:
- Nurse Assistant Testing
- Nurse Assistant Classes
800.426.5603 ext. 6903