Psychology Transfer Pathway
If you complete M State's Psychology Transfer Pathway and are admitted to one of the seven Minnesota State universities for your bachelor's degree, you'll be guaranteed junior status.
Minnesota State Transfer Pathways are designed so you can complete a specific associate degree at a Minnesota State college and transfer to a Minnesota State university to earn a bachelor's degree without losing credits or taking extra courses.
The Psychology Transfer Pathway AA offers students the opportunity to complete an Associate of Arts degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated psychology bachelor’s degree programs at Minnesota State universities. The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of these seven Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status:
- Bemidji State University
- Metropolitan State University
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead
- Southwest Minnesota State University
- St. Cloud State University
- Winona State University
The Psychology Transfer Pathway is available online and on our campuses in Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Moorhead and Wadena.
Here is what you'll learn
- Demonstrate familiarity with the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings and historical trends in psychology
- Demonstrate ethical and social responsibility by recognizing and understanding the complexity of sociocultural and international diversity
- Communicate effectively in a variety of formats
- Understand and apply basic research methods in psychology including research design, data analysis and interpretation
- Use critical thinking, skeptical inquiry and, when possible, the scientific approach to solve problems related to behavior and mental processes
- Understand and apply psychological principles to real-world issues