Biology Transfer Pathway
Minnesota State Transfer Pathways are designed so you can complete a specific associate degree at a Minnesota State college and transfer to a Minnesota State university to earn a bachelor's degree without losing credits or taking extra courses.
M State's Biology Transfer Pathway is designed for students interested in various fields of biological science, including cell biology, bioengineering, environmental science, fish and wildlife management, forestry, genetics and microbiology. It also is excellent preparation for students interested in a pre-professional transfer program for a medical profession.
The 60-credit Associate of Science degree is offered on our Fergus Falls and Moorhead campuses.
Our small class sizes mean personalized instruction in courses including general biology I and II, inorganic chemistry I and II, algebra, trigonometry, calculus and statistics.
Credits for courses earned in the Biology Transfer Pathway are guaranteed to transfer directly into specific biology degrees at the seven Minnesota State universities, allowing students to enter these universities with junior-year status:
- Bemidji State University
- Metropolitan State University
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead
- Southwest Minnesota State University
- St. Cloud State University
- Winona State University
Here is what you'll learn
- Scientific method
- Data interpretation and statistical analysis
- Navigating and reading scientific literature
- Scientific communication
- Science and society/civic engagement
- Interdisciplinary nature of science