Health Sciences Broad Field
If you're interested in pursuing a career in health sciences, our Health Sciences Broad Field A.S. program is an excellent choice. This program, offered at our Fergus Falls and Moorhead campuses as well as online, provides a comprehensive range of coursework that's directly relevant to the field, and it can be used as a stepping stone to many different majors at university. It's also a great option if you're still unsure about your future career path in healthcare.
The study of health sciences encompasses a wide range of disciplines focused on improving and maintaining human health. This multidisciplinary field combines traditional medical knowledge with new technologies, research methods and practices. Health sciences covers a broad spectrum of topics including public health, nutrition, epidemiology, biostatistics, environmental health, medical ethics, and more. The ultimate aim of health sciences is to develop effective strategies for the prevention and treatment of diseases, as well as promoting healthy lifestyles. Health sciences has the potential to make a significant impact on global public health challenges such as pandemics and climate change, through its diverse fields of study.
The Health Science Broad Field program prepares students for transferring to a University to complete a bachelor's degree.
The Health Sciences Broad Field A.S. program has a statewide articulation agreement with six universities in the Minnesota State system, comprising 26 different programs. This means that if you decide to transfer to one of these universities, your credits from this program will be accepted toward your chosen academic program.
Minnesota State universities
- Bemidji State University - including but not limited to Community Health, Exercise Science, Nursing (limited seats available on a competitive basis)
- Metropolitan State University - including but not limited to Nursing (limited seats available on a competitive basis)
- Minnesota State University, Mankato - including but not limited to Communication Disorders, Foods and Nutrition, Dental Hygiene (limited seats available on a competitive basis),Therapeutic Recreation, Dietetics, Nursing (limited seats available on a competitive basis),Corrections, Psychology, Health Science, Social Work
- Minnesota State University Moorhead - including but not limited to Health Education, Exercise Science, Community Health
- St. Cloud State University - including but not limited to Athletic Training, Community Health, Social Work
- Southwest Minnesota State University - including but not limited to Exercise Science
- Winona State University - including but not limited to Health, exercise and Rehabilitative Sciences, Movement Sciences, Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, Exercise Sciences, Health Promotion, Nursing (limited seats available on a competitive basis), Biology – Allied Health