Our 30-credit Survey Technician program provides the hands-on training for a career as a survey technician. Students who desire to continue their education can move seamlessly into M State's AAS degree in Civil Engineering.
The certificate program includes a basic study of civil engineering surveying including set-up and use of equipment, surveying principles and surveying practices. You'll gain background in property and land surveys, construction project design, level surveys, total station and global positioning equipment, and road design and construction principles.
Both Survey Technician and Civil Engineering Technology are offered on our Detroit Lakes campus.
Here is what you'll learn
- Preparation of civil construction drawings using CADD software
- Selection of appropriate survey techniques
- Necessary computer skills
- Creation of construction, legal and topographical surveys
- Effective communication skills
- Documentation of processes and procedures during on-site inspections
- Design criteria for road design