M State's Plumbing diploma offers hands-on training that prepares you for a career in residential and commercial plumbing.
M State's Plumbing Technology program is designed for apprentice plumbers and others entering a plumbing career. The 36-credit diploma program is taught on our Moorhead campus and has a strong emphasis on the Minnesota Plumbing Code and the North Dakota Plumbing Code, covering both residential and commercial installation practices and standards. Graduates will be eligible for applicable hours on their apprenticeship card.
Here is what you'll learn
- Proper safety techniques and procedures
- Uses of common plumbing materials and fixtures
- Analysis of blueprints and isometric drawings
- Proper techniques and procedures for installation of plumbing systems
- Installation of plumbing fixtures and faucets
- Plumbing code rules and regulations
Visit our sponsorships site for information about the availability of sponsorships or scholarships to support students enrolled in this program.
I wandered around in different jobs, trying to find what I was good at. After I took a job in a pool and hot tub store, I learned how to repair them and fix leaks.