As a student in the HVAC/R program, you will gain the skills needed to begin a career in residential and light commercial heating, ventilation, ducting, air conditioning and refrigeration. The 36-credit diploma program is offered on the M State campuses in Moorhead and Wadena.
The comprehensive training - which includes shop skills in layout, estimating, installation and repair - will prepare you to enter an expanding industry with a broad range of employment opportunities.
As a graduate of the HVAC/R diploma program, you can expand your career options by continuing your studies in the Commercial Refrigeration diploma program on our Moorhead campus.
Here's what you will learn
- Industry safety practices and procedures
- Layout and installation of ductwork
- Design and fabrication of ductwork
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of HVAC systems
- Layout and wiring of electrical schematics
Visit our sponsorships site for information about the availability of sponsorships or scholarships to support students enrolled in this program.