M State offers three degree options that will prepare you for a career or for further study in the rewarding and growing field of human resources.
M State offers three degree options that will prepare you for a career or for further study in the rewarding and growing field of human resources. We offer the only human resources associate degree programs in Minnesota that can be completed online, on our Moorhead campus or as a combination of online and on-campus courses.
Human resources professionals provide support to their companies and their employees in a variety of ways including communication with employees, data record keeping, administration of policies, employer/labor relations, recruiting and training new employees, and administration of wages and benefits.
Graduates of our Human Resources AAS degree program are prepared for entry- and mid-level positions as a human relations specialist. The Human Resources AS degree program is designed for students intending to transfer to four-year colleges and universities and continue their education in human resources. Both programs are 60 credits.
Here is what you'll learn
- Federal, state and local employment regulations and record-keeping requirements
- Effective communication skills in oral and written forms including interviewing, negotiation, presentation and training
- Research and construction of ethical policies and procedures related to employment processes including talent acquisition, termination, performance evaluation, compensation, forecasting and benefit administration
- Function effectively in a diverse global business community
- Utilize technology for business and human resource applications
- Utilize critical thinking skills analyze and solve human resource problems
I work full time for a trucking company in Fargo as a driver recruiter. There’s a significant need for human resources professionals in the trucking industry, which is a very unique industry with all kinds of challenges you won’t find in a regular siloed company setting.
Everyone is so inviting and helpful at M State, and that’s what I love the most about going here.
I wanted a place to start my college career that had a strong focus on student success and engagement.