Associate of Arts: Social Science Emphasis
Complete the first two years of coursework to transfer into a four-year degree program in sociology, social work or human services.
By completing M State's AA: Social Science Emphasis degree, you'll be prepared to transfer into related bachelor's degree programs in the social science field. Your coursework will transfer in its entirety to the Bachelor of Social Work at Minnesota State University Moorhead.
You can complete this degree online or on M State's campuses in Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls and Moorhead.
Here is what you'll learn
- Write and speak effectively, and read, write, speak and listen critically
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Understand natural science principles and the methods of scientific inquiry
- Expand knowledge about mathematical and logical ways of thinking
- Expand knowledge of how historians and social and behavioral scientists discover, describe and explain behaviors and interactions
- Expand knowledge of the human condition and human cultures
- Increase understanding of individual and group differences and the traditions and values of various groups in the United States
- Enhance understanding of the growing interdependence of nations and people
- Improve understanding of today's complex environmental challenges