Passionate about sports? Use your passion to launch a rewarding career in the sports industry with M State's Sport Management degree.
With an associate degree in Sport Management from M State, you'll have the needed skills and knowledge to pursue a bachelor's degree that can lead to sports industry positions related to management, communications, public relations, facilities and finance.
M State is actively pursuing an articulation agreement with the Sport Management at Minnesota State University Mankato, allowing for a seamless transfer into MSU Mankato's bachelor's degree program. In addition, the business focus of M State's Sport Management degree prepares graduates to transfer into business-related bachelor's degree programs.
The 60-credit program is offered on our Fergus Falls campus, home of Spartan athletics for men (football, golf, basketball and baseball) and women (volleyball, basketball, golf and softball).
Our Sport Management AS degree can help launch a career in fields including:
- Facilities and event management
- Sport business and marketing
- Major and minor league operations
- Sport promotion
- Sports merchandising
- Leisure, fitness and community recreation
- Sports information
Here is what you'll learn
- Knowledge of sports business concepts
- Effective communication
- Knowledge of ethical issues in sports
- Economic issues as they relate to sports and business settings
- Knowledge of social issues in sports
- Coaching techniques and standards
- Knowledge of marketing, public relations, consumer behavior and facilities as they relate to sports
- Use of statistics in a sport management or business setting
- Leadership skills as they relate to sports and sport management