M State’s 15-credit Advanced Practice Esthiology certificate provides licensed estheticians and cosmetologists with the required licensure to perform advanced practice services.
Those services include dermaplaning, skin needling in the epidermal layer, advanced extractions, microdermabrasion, chemical peels that treat the epidermal layer of the skin and electrical energy treatments using galvanic current, high frequency, radio frequency, ultrasound or light.
Effective Aug. 1, 2019, anyone who performs advanced practice esthetic services must have an Advanced Practice Esthetician Operator or Advanced Practice Esthetician Salon Manager license.
Here is what you’ll learn
- Knowledge and technical procedures to perform proficiently in all advanced practice esthiology skills
- Apply ethical behaviors and human relation skills with patrons, employers and co-workers
- Professionalism in the medical and salon environments
- Required Minnesota state laws, rules and regulations
- Proper sanitation and safety procedures
- Evaluation of disorders or diseases that should be referred to a physician
- Proper use of all equipment and supplies used in a salon
- Proper preparation of chemical formulas for esthetist services