Global and Intercultural Studies
M State's Global and Intercultural Studies certificate prepares you to navigate an exciting global future in an increasingly diverse world.
Our global community is ever-changing and and always growing, and M State's 12-credit certificate in Global and Intercultural Studies gives students in both technical and transfer programs the opportunity to better understand our diverse world. Students can gain an edge in the job market by demonstrating an awareness of a global perspective and the ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
The Global Studies certificate can be an option for students enrolled in technical programs that include 12 credits of elective courses. For liberal arts students, credits earned for the Global Studies certificate can be used to meet elective requirements within their AA or AA-Transfer Pathway degrees.
The certificate can be completed online and combines courses from multiple disciplines, so students can build a sequence of courses that lets them explore their personal interests in depth. This certificate must be embedded within an existing degree path; it is not a stand-alone program.
Course options within the program include:
- Intercultural Communication
- World Regional Geography
- Introduction to Global Studies
- Introduction to Anthropology
- Art History: African, Asian, Islamic and Mesoamerican
- Native American Culture
- Global Perspectives of Women
- Religion in the Humanities
- Comparative Government
- Global Politics
Here is what you'll learn
- Analyze relationships within and between global regions
- Explore tools of global communications
- Identify the cultural, political and ideological norms in varied regions of the world
- Analyze differences in cultural values
- Explore the political, religious and organizational institutions that shape global affairs