||This course covers the many types of fuel systems used on current two-stroke and four-stroke higher-end marine products. Most training will be on outboards above 115 horsepower and sterndrives above 135 horsepower. The main focus of this course is on larger carbureted and fuel-injected systems along with fuel distribution and associated parts of those systems.
- Identify different designs of fuel systems.
- Perform fuel system repair and service.
- Demonstrate marine fuel system troubleshooting.
- Explain fuel pump operation.
- Explain fuel injection design and operation.
- Perform carburetor troubleshooting.
- Rebuild carburetors according to manufacturer specifications.
- Identify various fuel injection designs.
- Explain various fuel tank designs.
- Demonstrate fuel system safety.
- Demonstrate marine mechanical troubleshooting procedures.
- Diagnose EFI fuel system troubleshooting procedures.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines