||This course provides an advanced understanding of circuits controlling motors. Topics include jogging, braking, plugging, reduced voltage starting, phase loss protection, latching relays, time delay relays and safety requirements. Lab procedures demonstrate components, circuitry and operation learned in theory. Measured data is recorded and interpreted.
- Exhibit safe work practices.
- Identify switching methods.
- Understand control circuits.
- Design push-button control circuits.
- Install reduced-voltage starting methods.
- Demonstrate speed control circuits, plugging and breaking circuits.
- Understand arc suppression circuit components.
- Troubleshoot motor starter circuits.
- Interpret electric motor preventative maintenance.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines