||This course covers basic kitchen design, cabinet planning, sizing and construction joints necessary for fabrication of a quality cabinet. The student will construct a basic upper and base cabinet. The student will learn how to laminate a countertop and install it.
- Perform safe work practices.
- Discuss custom built verses factory built cabinets.
- Layout a kitchen using the work triangle.
- Cut and assemble cabinet cases.
- Cut and assemble cabinet face frames.
- Assemble a completed base cabinet.
- Discuss drawer construction.
- Build and install drawers.
- Operate stationary power tools in carpentry shop
- Demonstrate proper use of portable power and hand tools for cabinet construction.
- Identify proper materials for cabinet components.
- Demonstrate proper installation of completed cabinet
- Describe the construction of typical base and wall cabinets.
- Apply cabinet hardware and adjust for proper fit.
- Describe the construction process for plastic laminated countertops.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines