M State's online options provide you with an affordable and flexible way to advance your education. Whether you are taking classes or earning your degree, you can choose from more than 200 online courses and 30 online majors and programs.
About our online options
Online courses are taught by caring faculty members, and there is easy online access to your instructors, your advisor and other resources including an electronic library and tutoring services. M State is fully accredited and offers transfer, career and technical online program and degrees. You can start your M State career by applying now.
Why choose online?
Convenient and flexible:
- Online courses are similar to on-campus courses but offered in a flexible format so students can attend their classes from any location with reliable high-speed internet access.
- Unless your program specifies on-campus requirements, you will have the convenience of attending classes without commuting to a campus.
Caring and dedicated:
- Our staff and faculty understand how to provide a quality academic experience in your online classes.
- Online students have access to many resources including online tutoring, an electronic library, financial aid resources and advising/counseling services via phone or email.
Affordable and accredited:
- The tuition rate for online courses is $198.95 per credit. For a tuition estimate, please visit our Tuition Calculator.
- M State is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: North Central Association. For further information on individual M State program accreditation, please visit www.minnesota.edu/accreditation.
- M State serves students from throughout the United States and several foreign countries.
- Forty-six percent of students who take online courses also take on-campus classes.
Is online learning right for me?
Online learning can be an ideal way to combine education with work, family and other responsibilities. If you answer "yes" to these questions, earning an online degree with M State may be right for you:
- Do you have a reliable computer with internet access? Check out our Computer Requirements.
- Do you know how to navigate websites, email and basic computer tasks?
- Can you organize your time efficiently to complete assignments and meet deadlines?
Online education at M State can fit your life!
We understand that many of our students have work and family commitments that make it difficult to attend on-campus courses. That's why we offer more than 200 classes and 30 programs and majors through online education. Whether your goal is taking a few classes online or completing an online degree, M State provides an affordable and innovative way to advance your education.