As M State counselors we provide a confidential setting where you can explore personal concerns and work toward achieving a better understanding of yourself. We provide confidential individual appointments, crisis intervention, workshops and referrals to off-campus agencies and services when necessary. We also have printed brochures on a variety of topics. Students can make appointments for counseling services to discuss:
- Relationship problems
- Adjustment to college life
- Transitions and life skills
- Eating and body image concerns
- Alcohol/substance abuse
- Depressed and/or anxious moods
- Grief and loss
- Family difficulties
- Lesbian, gay, transgender concerns
- Diversity and cultural differences
- Recovering from trauma (physical, emotional, sexual)
- Academic difficulties (motivation, anxiety, procrastination, learning difficulties)
- And more
Additionally, as Minnesota continues to manage the health and safety of all residents due to the COVID-19 pandemic, mental health resources are available through a variety of agencies. This link has been created through the Minnesota Department of Health to further support the well-being of anyone who is experiencing mental distress.
IF YOU ARE IN CRISIS AND NEED IMMEDIATE HELP, CALL "FIRST CALL FOR HELP" AT 800-273-TALK (8255).
CRISIS SERVICES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE 24/7 BY TEXTING MN TO 741741.
Find out about Military Education.