The following web resources on mental health issues can provide insightful and useful information. As M State counselors, we do not feel that these are a substitute for one-on-one counseling, however, and we invite you to make an appointment for personal counseling or seek a community referral.
Additionally, as Minnesota continues to manage the health and safety of all residents due to the COVID-19 pandemic, mental health resources are available through a variety of agencies. The following link has been created through the Minnesota Department of Health to further support the well-being of anyone who is experiencing mental distress: https://mn.gov/covid19/for-minnesotans/get-help/mental-health.jsp.
- Alcohol Use/Abuse
- Center for Internet Addiction Recovery
- The Changing Landscape of Addiction Psychology: Gaming and Smartphone Addictions
- Causes of Addiction
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Detox Centers in Minnesota
- Rehab Centers in Minnesota
- Free or Sliding Scale Rehab Centers in Minnesota
- Depression - National Institute of Mental Health
- Treating Anxiety and Stress Naturally - Brooklyn College