Message from M State's president
Welcome to the Concurrent Enrollment Program at Minnesota State Community and Technical College. At M State, you'll find we are committed to the values of inclusion, integrity and innovation. Our mission is a success story for every student. The winning combination of a quality education, student engagement and the support of our educational partners helps create each student's story.
We are honored to partner with K12 in developing success stories for students. Our goal is to provide an experience that leaves your students prepared, accomplished and ready to continue life-long learning on their way to achieving their educational, career and life goals.
If you have any questions, contact Megan Adamczyk, M State's K12 collaboration manager, at 218.846.3867.
Thank you for being part of our M State community!
Dr. Carrie Brimhall
M State President & M State Alumni
About concurrent enrollment at M State
M State is a member of the Minnesota State system and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. M State educates and serves more than 8,000 students in credit courses each year in more than 70 career and liberal arts programs online and on its campuses in Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Moorhead and Wadena. M State specializes in affordable and exceptional education, service and workforce training. We welcome all students and engage them in shaping their futures and their communities.
M State's Concurrent Enrollment Program (CEP) was founded in 1985 on the Fergus Falls campus. The program has evolved over 30 years and now serves more than 40 school districts in rural west central Minnesota. It offers courses that span several academic disciplines and includes technical course options. These courses are taught in the high school by qualified high school instructors. Faculty mentors take great pride in developing collaborative relationships with high school instructors to provide eligible high school students with a college experience that engages them and encourages them to persist in taking rigorous coursework.
M State's CEP is accredited by the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP).
- More than 40 regional high school partners
- Served over 1,800 students in the 2018-19 academic year
- Awarded more than 15,500 credits to high school concurrent students during the 2018-19 academic year
- The program is a collaborative effort of more than 100 high school teachers and around 40 faculty mentors offering concurrent courses at partner high schools
Concurrent student alumni surveys
M State values the feedback from our concurrent alumni students and conducts one-year-out and four-year-out surveys. Here is what students are saying about M State's Concurrent Enrollment Program:
- 100 percent of students who responded to the alumni survey said they would recommend concurrent courses to current high school students
- 91 percent were able to count concurrent course credits toward their college degree
- 71 percent said concurrent courses reduced their college debt
- Students said concurrent courses better prepared them for college, helped them develop realistic college expectations and helped build confidence in their ability to succeed in college
Read more testimonials from CEP students, teachers, counselors and principals on the Success Reports and Stories page.