Attention: In response to COVID-19, the majority of M State classes will finish via D2L. Please refer to the “notes” section in the details column on your schedule in eServices for additional details regarding your classes and continue to check your M State email for updates.
M State licensed counselors work with high school counselors and teachers to develop individualized career counseling activities and workshops based on the unique needs of each high school.
Tools we can use:
- HumanMetrics (Myers-Briggs Information)
- GPS Lifeplan
- PayDay game: (Using PayDay candy bars to discuss salaries for various programs M State)
These personality and interest tests help your students learn about themselves and guide them into a successful and promising future.
*Students are also invited to attend our on-campus Career Exploration Workshops!
Personal Learning Plans
Planning for Students' Successful Transition to Postsecondary Education and Employment
Minnesota legislation requires all students, starting in 9th grade, to have a "plan" around seven key elements. This plan should include:
- Academic Scheduling
- Career Exploration
- 21st Century Skills
- Community Partnerships
- College Access
- All Forms of Post-Secondary Training
- Experiential Learning Opportunities
M State is here to help!
- M State GPS LifePlan - Helps students set goals and design plans that will lead them to success! This is a flexible program for students of all ages and at all stages.
- Minnesota Department of Education Toolkit - Resources in all seven required areas, as well as strategies and partnerships that can help districts implement the directive