Maintenance and Security
Scheduled Technology Systems Maintenance
The M State IT Department has reserved the following windows of time to perform routine maintenance for technology systems and services as needed:
- Thursdays from 5-7 a.m.
- Sundays from 5-9 a.m.
If maintenance needs to be performed, we will send communication to those affected. We hope to be able to use the maintenance window to perform system updates and maintenance whenever possible.
Security and Protection
Connecting to a network or the internet increases the risk of exposing your system to viruses and unauthorized access by others.
You can also use the following tips to protect your computer:
- Remove spyware from your computer
- Recognize scams and spam:
- Beware of emails that have been forwarded multiple times.
- Avoid emails offering money for any reason. If it seems too good to be true, it is.
- Be wary of phishing emails: phishing emails are messages that attempt to obtain your personal information through deception.
- Microsoft Advanced Threat Protection is in place for Office 365 application use: Safe Links and Safe Attachments
- Do NOT provide personal information or give out your login credentials to anyone, via email, phone or in person.
The Minnesota State System Office also provides Internet Guardian for all Minnesota State institutions. When your device is connected to our network, you will be protected. If you visit a website known to have malicious content, Internet Guardian will not allow your device to access that website.
For more information on how Internet Guardian works, click on these links: