Entrance exam general information
Acceptance into M State Nursing programs is competitive. Eligibility requirements are addressed on the admission requirements page for each program. Students are required to take an entrance exam, the ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills), as part of the application process for all Nursing majors.
The TEAS exam dates listed below are for students applying for an M State Nursing program. At this time, M State offers only the online remote proctored TEAS exam.
- Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 9:30 a.m. (Registration deadline is Thursday, January 19 at 11:59 p.m.)
- Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 10:30 a.m. (Registration deadline is Thursday, January 26 at 11:59 p.m.)
- Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 9:30 a.m. (Registration deadline is Thursday, February 2 at 11:59 p.m.)
- Tuesday, February 14, 2023 at 9:30 a.m. (Registration deadline is Thursday, February 9 at 11:59 p.m.)
- Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 9:30 a.m. (Registration deadline is Thursday, February 16 at 11:59 p.m.)
- Tuesday, February 28, 2023 at 10:30 a.m. (Registration deadline is Thursday, February 23 at 11:59 p.m.)
Register for the TEAS exam at the ATI Online Store. You will need to create an ATI account if you don't already have one.
Please note: When registering for the exam, choose the TEAS Online - Proctored by an Institution option.
Important things to know about the TEAS exam
- TEAS scores will expire three years after the test date. TEAS score must be valid at the time of the application deadline.
- We recommend that you consult with your advisor before scheduling your TEAS exam. TEAS exam scores must be submitted prior to the nursing application deadline.
- Technical requirements for the online remote proctored TEAS exam include a laptop or desktop computer, webcam and a microphone.
- If you are testing at a high school or using a device issued by your high school, you may be blocked from accessing the TEAS exam. We recommend using a personal device rather than one issued by your high school.
- Register online for the TEAS exam at the ATI Online Store. Choose the TEAS Online - Proctored by an Institution option.
- The cost of the exam is $82, which is the responsibility of the student. All TEAS registrations are final, no refunds or reschedules.
- The TEAS can be taken more than once. Students who plan to re-take the TEAS are encouraged to meet with an advisor for suggestions about improving their knowledge and skills between re-takes. The highest TEAS exam score will be used for application review.
- If you need accommodations from Accessibility Resources you must complete the Request for ATI Testing Accommodations form AT LEAST 30 days prior to taking the TEAS exam.
- Prepare for the TEAS exam by reviewing study materials offered through ATI at atitesting.com/teas.
- A TEAS composite score of 58.6 or higher is required for nursing admissions.
- For questions on TEAS exam registration, refunds or rescheduling, contact ATI at atitesting.com/contact.