Entrance exam general information
Acceptance into M State Nursing programs is competitive. Eligibility requirements are addressed on the admission requirements page for each program. Students are required to take an entrance exam, the ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills), as part of the application process for all Nursing majors.
The TEAS exam dates listed below are for students applying for a M State Nursing program. At this time, M State only offers the online remote proctored TEAS exam.
Thursday, October 28, at 1 p.m.
Wednesday, November 10 at 10:00 a.m.
Tuesday, November 23 at 10:00 a.m.
Register for the TEAS exam at the ATI Online Store. You will need to create an ATI account if you don't already have one.
Please note: When registering for the exam, choose the TEAS Online - Proctored by an Institution option.
Important things to know about the TEAS exam
- We recommend that you consult with your advisor before scheduling your TEAS exam. TEAS exam scores must be submitted prior to the nursing application deadline.
- Technical requirements for the online remote proctored TEAS exam include a laptop or desktop computer, webcam and a microphone.
- Register online for the TEAS exam at the ATI Online Store. Choose the TEAS Online - Proctored by an institution option.
- The cost of the exam is $82, which is the responsibility of the student.
- The TEAS can be taken more than once. Students who plan to re-take the TEAS are encouraged to meet with an advisor for suggestions about improving their knowledge and skills between re-takes. The highest TEAS exam score will be used for application review.
- If you need accommodations from Accessibility Resources you must complete the Request for ATI Testing Accommodations form at least 14 days prior to taking the TEAS exam.
- Prepare for the TEAS exam by reviewing study materials offered through ATI at atitesting.com/teas.
- A TEAS composite score of 58.6 or higher is required for nursing admissions.
- TEAS exam scores are valid until a new version of the TEAS exam is released.
- For questions on TEAS exam registration, refunds or rescheduling, contact ATI at atitesting.com/contact.