Entrance exam general information
Acceptance into M State Nursing programs is competitive. Eligibility requirements are addressed in the application packet for each program. Students are required to take an entrance exam, the ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills), as part of the application process for all Nursing majors.
Please view the upcoming M State ATI TEAS exam dates on our four campuses below.
Important things to know about the TEAS exam
- The TEAS exam can be taken at any of our four campus locations in Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Moorhead and Wadena. Your results will be printed upon completion of the exam and sent to M State admissions. If you complete the test at a location other than an M State campus, you must send your official score to the M State Processing Center, 1414 College Way, Fergus Falls, MN 56537.
- We recommend that you consult with your advisor before scheduling your TEAS exam. TEAS exam scores must be submitted prior to the nursing application deadline.
- Register online for the TEAS exam at the ATI Online Store.
- The cost of the exam is $77, which is the responsibility of the student. Each exam retake is an additional $77.
- The TEAS can be taken more than once. Students who plan to re-take the TEAS are encouraged to meet with an advisor for suggestions about improving their knowledge and skills between re-takes. The highest TEAS exam score will be used for application review.
- Prepare for the TEAS exam by reviewing study materials offered through ATI at atitesting.com/teas.
- A TEAS composite score of 58.6 or higher is required for nursing admissions.
- TEAS exam scores are valid until a new version of the TEAS exam is released.
- For questions on TEAS exam registration, refunds or rescheduling, contact ATI at atitesting.com/contact.
- If you are requesting accommodations for a disability, please complete the Request for ATI Testing Accommodations before registering for your TEAS exam.
At this time, the TEAS has been eliminated as an eligibility requirement for all spring 2021 nursing programs. The TEAS exam dates listed below are for those applying for a fall 2021 nursing program at M State.
9 a.m. Wednesday, July 8, 2020
1 p.m. Thursday, July 23, 2020
Register for the TEAS exam at the ATI Online Store.