As an esthetist, you'll provide skin care treatments to the face and body. Our 21-credit certificate program provides the needed training in anatomy, dermatology and chemistry as they relate to skin care. Students work with customers in the campus clinic/salon under the supervision of instructors with years of industry experience.
The job duties of esthetists can include facials, full-body treatments, varied skin treatments, hair removal including waxing and sugaring, facial massages, eyelash and eyebrow tinting, and makeup application.
When you've completed 600 hours of clinical time, you'll be eligible to take the Minnesota cosmetology licensing exam and become licensed as an esthetist in Minnesota.
Here's what you will learn
- Technical procedures to perform the skills required of esthetists
- Ethical behavior and skills needed for working with patrons, employers and coworkers
- Professional expectations in esthetist salons
- State regulations for esthetist license holders
- Minnesota sanitation standards and laws related to esthetists
- Evaluation of disorders or diseases that should be referred to a physician
- Preparation, use and safety of all equipment and supplies in esthetist salons
- Preparation of chemical formulas and knowledge of products used to perform esthetist services