5 - Billing
Paying for college: Billing
Any portion of your tuition and fees or other charges to your college account that is not covered by financial aid is your responsibility.
Don't get dropped for not paying your tuition
Minnesota State policy requires that you must meet minimum payment criteria 15 days prior to the first day of each semester to avoid an administrative drop of all courses you are enrolled in for the term. In order to ensure your courses are not canceled, please have any one of the following five payment criteria in place 15 days prior to the first day of classes:
- Pay in full using cash, check or credit card. Instructions on how to do this are displayed below.
- Create a payment plan. You must make a payment of 15 percent of tuition and fees or $300, whichever is less, and have an active payment plan with Nelnet Campus Commerce. To complete a payment plan, click here.
- Apply for federal financial aid. Once you have applied for financial aid and M State has received your application (FAFSA) results from the Department of Education, your courses will be confirmed. Plan ahead - it can take a few days for the application to be received by M State. To access the FAFSA application, go to www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Submit a scholarship or third-party authorization. As soon as M State has received payment in the form of scholarships, third-party authorizations or tuition waivers that meet the minimum downpayment of 15 percent or $300, your courses will be confirmed.
- Apply for veterans education benefits and complete the Veteran's Sign-Up form.
Paying for college
Paying your M State bill
Paying your M State bill is simple.
To pay your bill or manage your account, login to SpartanNet and follow these steps:
1. Sign in with StarID and password
2. Click on E-Services
3. Select Bills and Payments on left side under Student E-Services
4. Select Make a Payment
5. Click on Payment toward specific institution balance
6. Enter the amount you wish to pay in the appropriate box
7. Click on Continue to the US Bank payment site and follow their directions
e-Cashier (College Online Payment Plan)
M State is pleased to offer Nelnet Campus Commerce as a payment option for our students. Through e-Cashier you will be able to:
- Arrange for monthly payments
- Make a down payment and arrange for monthly payments
You will be able to make payment(s) by:
- Automatic payments from your checking or savings account
- Credit card
The nonrefundable enrollment fee to budget payment(s) is:
- $20 per semester
The nonrefundable enrollment fee for automatic payments from your bank account or credit card will be processed IMMEDIATELY with your down or full payment, if applicable. Click here to learn more about e-Cashier (FAQ, how e-Cashier works, payment plans, fees, terms and conditions).