Information Technology - Database Administration
M State's hands-on Information Technology - Database Administration degree program will prepare you for a rewarding career in computer and information technology, which include some of the fastest-growing jobs nationwide.
With the increased need for data by all types of businesses and industries, there's a growing demand for database administrators who have the skills to organize, interpret and store data. The role of database administrators in managing data means they play a key role in an organization's success.
M State offers a 60-credit AAS degree in Information Technology - Database Administration that prepares students to work as part of a team that supports, maintains and administers database management systems. Our program provides the foundation for information technology jobs including database administrator, database analyst, data analyst and database support specialist.
The Database Administration program is offered both online and on our Moorhead campus.
Here is what you'll learn
- Function effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Implement security measures while performing database administration tasks
- Generate database-driven reports to support business intelligence
- Demonstrate ethical and security practices in handling data
- Apply testing and debugging methods to assure product quality and workability
- Devise database backup and recovery measures