Beginning Fall Semester 2020, M State offers an associate degree in Pre-Professional Health that is designed for students who intend to transfer to a college or university to earn a four-year degree and apply for admission to a graduate-level health program. The degree is unique among two-year colleges in the Minnesota State system.
Our courses offer a strong foundation in math and science for most professional health degree programs at medical, pharmacy, veterinary, dentistry and chiropractic schools, and in occupational therapy, physical therapy and physician assistant.
The 60-credit Associate of Science degree is offered on our Fergus Falls and Moorhead campuses, and many of the required courses can be taken online. Our small class sizes mean personalized instruction in courses including:
- Algebra, trigonometry and calculus
- General and organic chemistry
Students who earn M State’s Pre-Professional Health Studies degree will have completed Minnesota State’s transfer curriculum and qualify for admission to any Minnesota State university with junior-year status. An articulation agreement allows graduates to transfer into the Minnesota State University Moorhead Bachelor of Science degree in Biology: Health and Medical Science.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Fundamental chemical and biological concepts
- Lab skills
- Critical thinking skills and quantitative tools to evaluate data and other scientific information
- Basic inquiry skills including developing testable hypotheses and carrying out experimental procedures to test them
- Analysis of scientific studies in light of their environmental, economic, social, ethical and cultural implications
- Effective communication of data and analyses in oral and written formats