Success in a business career in the 21st century requires preparation in core business subjects.
In M State’s 60-credit Business AAS degree program, you'll learn management skills, accounting procedures, and the skills to sell and market products and services.
The 60-credit program is offered on our Detroit Lakes campus.
Courses in the program also provide general knowledge of business law and economics, computer skills and crucial interpersonal skills. Electives in the program give students the option of concentrating on several specific business emphasis areas.
Graduates will be qualified for entry level management, administration, marketing and human resources positions in the areas of sales, office management, customer service and project management in industries including:
Students can also consider transfer to M State’s Business Pathways degree, which aligns with business bachelor’s degree options throughout the Minnesota State system of colleges and universities.
Here's what you’ll learn in the Business AAS program
- Basic professional and ethical practices in business
- Effective communication in a business setting, both orally and in writing
- Skills to manage and coordinate people, projects and business resources
- Use of computer software and hardware tools for problem solving and decision making
- Application of economic theory and consumer behavior to personal and business decision making
- Understanding and application of fundamental accounting principles, skills and processes
- Use of critical thinking skills to evaluate the implications of organizational policies, management decisions and marketing strategies
- Skills to research and report on emerging technologies and their impact on business