Train at M State for a rewarding and in-demand career as a surgical technologist, caring for patients during the surgical process.
Graduates of this 60-credit Associate of Applied Science degree, offered on the Moorhead campus and Alexandria Technical and Community College campus, will be trained to work as active members of surgical teams throughout the surgical process.
The Certified Surgical Technology (CST) exam program board pass rates for first-time M State examinees were:
- 86 percent in 2016-17
- 86 percent in 2017-18
- 85 percent in 2018-19
- 75 percent in 2019-20
- 82 percent in 2020-21
Here is what you'll learn
- Role as an active member of the operating room team
- Professional behavior, communication and collaboration in providing safe patient care
- Proper procedures for patient safety, asepsis and infection control
- Proficiency in the use of surgical equipment, supplies and instruments
- Professional and ethical skills
- Effective therapeutic communication with the patient and perioperative team
- Efficient use of technology in the perioperative setting
Fall 2022 Surgical Technology program application information
Surgical Technology is a selective admissions program.
3. Apply to the Surgical Technology program
Round 1 application deadline: May 15, 2022
Round 2 application deadline: August 1, 2022
M State Surgical Technology offered through ATCC
Beginning in the fall of 2022, M State's Surgical Technology degree also will be offered through Alexandria Technical & Community College. Coursework can be completed in Alexandria or online, with labs at ATCC and clinical practice regionally and at Alomere Health in Alexandria. When students apply to the Surgical Technology program, they will have the option of choosing the M State Moorhead or Alexandria site.
Surgical Technology sponsorships
The M State Surgical Technology Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting. CAAHEP can be contacted at: 9355 113th St N #7709, Seminole, FL 33775; phone number: 727.210.2350; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Background check, immunizations required
Students in the program must meet criminal background check requirements and have current immunizations. Requirements are outlined in the program application.