CVRI1130 - Cardiovascular Technology I
This course prepares students to participate in cardiovascular diagnostic and interventional procedures with adult patients. Students will differentiate cardiovascular complications and emergencies, prepare and position patients for various procedures, and set up and maintain sterile fields. Students will learn concepts related to hemodynamics including cardiac output, performance of hemodynamic calculations and recognition of blood flow determinants.
- Differentiate cardiovascular pathophysiological complications and emergencies.
- Prepare patient for diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Perform sterile table and sterile field set-up.
- Prepare equipment and supplies required for diagnostic or interventional procedures.
- Position patient appropriately for diagnostic or interventional procedures.
- Explain pathophysiology, assessment and the treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
- Recognize hemodyamic changes and appropriate treatment.
- Explain cardiac output and blood flow determinants.
- Perform hemodynamic calculations
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)