CVRI1100 - Cardiovascular Technology Survey
This course introduces the student to the history and emerging role of cardiovascular technologist. Students will learn medical terminology and have opportunities to observe the role of the cardiovascular technologist in various settings. Students in this course will incur the cost of and be required to receive clear national and Minnesota Department of Health background checks and be listed in the North Dakota Board of Nursing Unlicensed Assistive Personnel Directory.
- clear Minnesota Department of Health background check
- clear national background check
- North Dakota Board of Nursing Unlicensed Assistive Personnel registration
- Explore the contribution of cardiovascular pioneers and cardiovascular history to current health care practices.
- Articulate the evolving role of the cardiovascular technologist.
- Demonstrate an understanding of medical terminology, symbols and abbreviations, and international time.
- Demonstrate professional behavior.
- Demonstrate professional communication.
- Evaluate patient hand-off communication.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)