CVRI1120 - Principles of Patient Care
This course introduces the Cardiovascular Technology student to basic patient care principles. Students will learn basic intracardiac catheterization care including patient assessment, interpretation of laboratory values and diagnostic tests.
- Demonstrate assessment techniques.
- Interpret patient assessment data.
- Interpret laboratory data.
- Perform patient care procedures safely.
- Perform intravenous assessment and maintenance within the scope of the cardiovascular technologist.
- Differentiate management of routine patients versus high-risk patients.
- Identify measures to prevent sentinel events.
- Maintain patient safety in the simulation lab setting.
- Differentiate medical from surgical asepsis.
- Demonstrate medical asepsis as appropriate.
- Demonstrate surgical asepsis as appropriate.
- Demonstrate universal precautions and proper use of personal protective equipment.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)