CVRI1105 - Introduction to Cardiovascular Technology
In this introductory course, students will explore ethical and legal issues related to patient safety, documentation, informed consent, patient identification and confidentiality. Students will use appropriate medical terminology, abbreviations and symbols. Students will practice professional communication strategies with other health professionals and explore team dynamics.
- acceptance into the Cardiovacular Technology Program
- Clear Minnesota Department of Health background check
- clear national background check
- current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR
- North Dakota Board of Nursing Unlicensed Assistive Personnel Registration
- successful completion (C or better) of general education prerequisite courses
- Examine legal and ethical issues related to cardiovascular technology.
- Identify strategies to maintain patient safety during cardiovascular procedures.
- Explain informed consent in cardiovascular technology.
- Discuss the importance of and strategies to maintain patient confidentiality and Health Information Portability and Accountabilty Act (HIPAA).
- Explain the concepts of time-out and patient identification.
- Demonstrate teamwork in the academic setting.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)