HRES1130 - Benefits Administration
This course covers basic knowledge and information about the various types of benefits that are typically offered by employers for their employees.
- Distinguish between legally required and discretionary benefits.
- Identify the considerations influencing the design of a benefit program and implementation and coordination with external providers and technology.
- Identify the primary objectives and examples of employee benefits including income protection, paid time off, and accommodation and enhancement products.
- Describe the company benefits planning process and its connection to a businesses strategic plan.
- Examine why employers offer employee benefits.
- Research the laws and reporting requirements that regulate employee benefits.
- Differentiate between various approaches to benefit plan offerings.
- Describe the different methods used to manage the cost of employee benefits.
- Analyze the communication methods used to build awareness of employee benefit offerings.
- Construct an employee benefit package that supports strategic goals, acknowledges external and internal influences and is compliant with legal requirements.
- Calculate the market cost of an individual employee's benefit package.