Academic and Student Affairs
Welcome to the Office of Academic and Student Affairs
Under the leadership of Interim Vice President of Academic Affairs Dr. Matthew Borcherding and Associate Vice President of Student Success Elise Sturdivant, the Office of Academic and Student Affairs provides oversight for the college’s academic programs and offices.
As the Interim Vice President of Academic Affairs, Dr. Matthew Borcherding serves as the chief academic officer and provides leadership and direction in the form of strategic planning, annual priorities and budgeting. His responsibilities include:
- Serving on the college’s Executive Cabinet;
- Providing administrative leadership for faculty, academic support staff and student services;
- Serving on labor relation committees;
- Promoting innovation and initiatives to support students in a global economy;
- Furthering the values of integrity, inclusion and innovation reflected in our programs and in the support offered to our students, and;
- Enhancing the climate of the college and creative endeavors of students in and out of the classroom.
As the Associate Vice President of Student Success, Elise Sturdivant oversees advising, enrollment management, marketing, admissions, K-12 collaborations, registration and outreach at M State.
Her priorities include striving for equitable outcomes for all students, working on strategic enrollment management planning, developing guided learning pathways, implementing a new advising model and other efforts that help students succeed at school, at work and in life.
Divisions of Academic and Student Affairs