M State's Advanced HVAC/R program provides you with the advanced training that will qualify you for specialized work with commercial refrigeration equipment and systems.
As a student in the Advanced Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration program, you will gain the skills and knowledge needed to service and maintain commercial refrigeration equipment including walk-in coolers and freezers, supermarket refrigeration systems and ice makers. This 35-credit diploma is offered on M State's Moorhead campus.
Admission to the Advanced HVAC/R program (formerly Commercial Refrigeration) requires completion of M State's Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning/Refrigeration diploma program or previous experience in the commercial refrigeration industry with the permission of the instructor.
The comprehensive training - which includes essential skills in designing, installing and maintaining today's energy efficient refrigeration equipment - will prepare you for advancement in an expanding industry with a broad range of employment opportunities.
Here is what you'll learn
- Troubleshoot and repair residential and commercial refrigeration appliances
- Qualify for refrigeration recovery, recycling and retrofitting certification
- Install residential and commercial refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Design and interpret electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Learn industry safety practices and procedures