HRES2212 - Strategic Compensation
This course provides an understanding of employee compensation both direct and indirect, and how it relates to business strategy.
- Recognize the different elements and terminology of compensation including direct and indirect compensation.
- Explain the motivating value of compensation.
- Identify the elements of the compensation strategy.
- Assess the importance of job analysis, job descriptions/specifications and job evaluation in administering a compensation strategy.
- Differentiate different job evaluation methods.
- Link compensation to organizational objectives.
- Identify the role of performance appraisals in compensation decisions.
- Identify and describe employment laws that impact compensation.
- Design a competitive compensation strategy.