HRES1134 - Training and Development
This course covers basic information about the characteristics of effective training and development programs in building an engaged workforce.
- Apply the formal steps in the training process.
- Create a course registration and record keeping procedure.
- Identify and apply the ADDIE (Assessment, Design, Development, Implement and Evaluate) model of training.
- Identify criteria for outsourcing training and evaluating vendors.
- Assess organizational and individual training needs using a needs analysis.
- Explore the various types of training methods used in organizations.
- Develop a tool to measure training effectiveness.
- Identify employee training trends.
- Evaluate conditions that lead to a successful training program.
- Demonstrate effective training techniques.
- Differentiate between the concepts of training and employee development.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)
Associate of Science (AS)