ELWT1118 - Field Construction I
This course covers the installation of single-phase high voltage systems under actual field conditions. The overhead construction component of the course includes structural assembly, including grounding requirements, guying, conductor installation including stringing and tying, single-phase transformer, capacitor and regulator installation. The second component of the course is underground installation, covering trencher operation, primary and secondary cable termination, services, pad mount transformers and sectionalizing cabinets, and street lighting.
- Install single phase overhead construction project.
- Install single phase OCR construction project.
- Install secondary overhead meter loop.
- Practice terminating URD primary cable.
- Practice terminating URD secondary cable.
- Install URD primary sectionalizer.
- Install secondary pedestal.
- Install URD secondary meter loop.
- Display professional conduct.
- Describe trencher and backhoe safety awareness.
- Demonstrate trencher and backhoe operation.