ELWT1106 - Climbing Electrical Structure
This course provides the student with the knowledge and skills to safely climb and frame various electrical structures to heights of 50 feet. Topics include free-hand and safety-strap climbing, and installation and removal of pole line hardware.
- Describe climbing procedure safety awareness.
- Describe climbing equipment safety awareness.
- Demonstrate free hand climbing procedures.
- Demonstrate safety strap climbing procedures.
- Construct single phase structures while on hooks.
- Construct two phase structures while on hooks.
- Construct three phase structures while on hooks.
- Demonstrate conduit crossing ability.
- Perform climbing qualification test.
- Demonstrate professional conduct.
- Demonstrate spiral climbing procedure
- Demonstrate pole inspection procedures