DMKT2310 - Digital Marketing UX Design
This course covers the key elements in creating user-friendly, functional and aesthetically pleasing web pages to improve the customer experience. Emphasis will be placed on examining both the topics of user experience design (UX) and user interface design (UI) in the development of web pages for both desktop and mobile devices. Students will apply skills learned by developing web page designs using content management software for a portfolio.
- Apply research techniques to align business strategy with the core needs of customers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the design thinking process: empathize, define, ideate, prototype and test.
- Examine the elements of user experience: surface, skeleton, structure, scope and strategy planes.
- Examine the principles of accessibility and usability in design.
- Apply user interface principles for content, visual design hierarchy, information architecture and interaction.
- Examine user interface trends in web page design.
- Apply visual design best practices in the development of web pages.
- Examine mobile user experience design best practices.
- Apply UI design best practices in design processes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of design techniques using flow diagrams, wire framing and prototypes.
- Review content management systems (CMS) and website-building software applications.
- Develop a portfolio using WordPress software.
- Examine the importance of creating a culture of effective design feedback.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)