DMKT2200 - Introduction to Digital Marketing
This course provides a broad overview of the digital marketing techniques needed for successful marketing campaigns in a digital economy. Students will gain a fundamental understanding of the digital marketing core principles needed for the 21st century consumer. Topics will include web page design, analytics, search engine optimization (SEO), pay per click, email marketing, social media marketing and mobile marketing. This class prepares students for more advanced digital marketing courses.
- Examine the customer journey process within digital marketing.
- Examine the principles of design thinking using empathy, ideation and experimentation.
- Examine the relationship between a firm's business goals and digital marketing objectives.
- Examine web design best practices in developing a digital marketing campaign.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key performance indicators in measuring a digital marketing strategy.
- Examine the elements of on-site and off-site SEO.
- Practice basic on-site SEO for a landing page.
- Examine content marketing and its importance in the consumer buying process.
- Practice keyword research and bid management.
- Create an email marketing campaign.
- Create content for an introductory digital marketing campaign.
- Examine A/B testing practices in the development of ads in a digital marketing campaign.
- Apply financial budget decisions to a simulated digital marketing campaign.