DMKT2210 - Social Media Marketing
This course is a study of how organizations use social media to support their marketing strategies through social listening, social analytics and social engagement. Students will learn techniques to create engaging content for social platforms, identify influencers, deliver content to a target audience and measure success by using key performance indicators. Emphasis will be placed on how to leverage social media marketing to build a brand, drive demand, engage buyers and increase revenue.
- Explain the role of social media within an omni-channel marketing strategy.
- Examine the role and opportunities of social media channels throughout the customer purchasing process.
- Differentiate social media strategies for business-to-business and consumer markets.
- Analyze and develop social media marketing goals that align with customer life cycle stages.
- Examine social media strategies for reach, engagement, conversions and customer loyalty.
- Develop social media profiles and build brand personas through social research.
- Develop a comprehensive and unified social media marketing strategy that achieves marketing objectives.
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective methods for curating, creating and sharing content across social networks.
- Examine strategies for building social community.
- Demonstrate an understanding of social selling activities that accelerate the purchase process.
- Examine methods of measuring social media performance.
- Review marketing automation tools for managing social media strategies.
- Examine effective social media governance plans within an organization.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)