ADMM1160 - Beginning Medical Transcription
This course covers the transcription of basic health care dictation, incorporating skills in the English language, technology, medical knowledge, proofreading, editing and research, while meeting progressively demanding accuracy standards.
- Operate designated equipment for medical transcription, demonstrating good ergonomic habits.
- Accurately transcribe commonly dictated reports from a variety of medical specialties using appropriate formats.
- Use language skills and medical knowledge to appropriately edit, revise and clarify while transcribing dictation without altering the meaning of the dictation or changing the author's style.
- Recognize, evaluate and interpret inconsistencies, discrepancies and inaccuracies in medical dictation.
- Evaluate the accuracy of transcribed health care records on computer screen and/or hard copy.
- Recognize situations requiring assistance from a supervisor, co-worker or originator in order to understand dictation and transcribe reports.
- Analyze and provide solutions to common ergonomic problems in the medical transcription work environment.
- Identify and use appropriate references while transcribing, proofreading, editing and revising.
- Display professional work habits.
- Display compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) confidentiality guidelines.