ADMM1110 - Medical Documentation I
This course covers the fundamentals of healthcare documentation and medical record production, legal and ethical issues and responsibilities, software usage and utilization of medical references in healthcare-related communication and research.
- Explain the various reports found in medical records.
- Examine legal issues pertaining to health information and documentation practices.
- Utilize various medical and English references such as dictionaries, medical word books and online pharmaceutical resources.
- Analyze ethical issues pertaining to health information and documentation practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to differentiate content of the seven basic report types.
- Explain the importance of healthcare documentation.
- Utilize computer technology to accomplish tasks in a medical office.
- Display the ability to communicate in written medical language.
- Display professional work habits.
- Demonstrate proper grammar and punctuation in healthcare-related communication.
- Demonstrate methods of entering information in an electronic health record.
- Retrieve information from medical records.